An online mortgage marketplace for Nigerians home and abroad seeking to buy property within Nigeria and may require some form of financing to do so. We connect you to lenders that are willing to fund your application.
MortgageHub isn’t a calculator or a lender; it’s a way to find and compare mortgages from different lenders and secure a mortgage that best suits you. Just tell us about yourself, the property you want, and your finances, and we’ll give you real offers from different lenders. Then, you can start your application and get approved faster since we are experts in the industry.
When you apply with mortgagehub, we give you real numbers – not estimates.
Of course, your numbers can (and likely will) change slightly between the time you apply and the time your loan closes. For example, our lending partners may need to change your loan amount after you find a home or after they get the appraisal report.
Nigerians at home or those who are resident in the diaspora can use mortgagehub to get a loan for acquiring property in Nigeria.
mortgagehub is currently available in Abuja,
mortgagehub was designed to walk you through the entire mortgage process from application to closing.
To start applying with mortgagehub , we recommend you have the following information on hand:
1. A separate email address for each person that will be on the loan
2. Open an account with a primary mortgage bank.
3. Your income and employer information if employed or your income and financial data if your self employed or if your a public servant.
4. Your name, address, date of birth, your age.
Yes, most of our lending partners require a down payment of 20-30%.
Yes, once you fill the interest form found below the property in the property page, we’ll contact you directly to start your application.
Our mortgage officers are available to answer your mortgage questions. You can reach us by:
mortgagehub is for financially-savvy folks who have good credit, are ready to buy and finance a property in Nigeria within the next few months, and want the most convenient way to do it.
We have mortgages for everyone irrespective of where you reside or your employment status (Salaried or Self-employed).
If you’re buying a property in Nigeria , we recommend using mortgagehub if you:
1. Are just starting your home search.
2. Have a property in mind and want to make an offer.
3. Already have a signed purchase agreement.
You can start your application with mortgagehub if you’re self-employed, but you may not be able to do everything online. We’ll connect you with a mortgage officer along the way since we’ll have a few extra questions for you.
As of December 2020, customers in Nigeria, are expected to meet the following requirements in order to secure a mortgage from our lending partners:
1. Proof of income (Bank statements, pay-slips, credit report, etc)
2. Down payment of 20-30%.
3. Minimum work experience of 3-5 years and have worked for a minimum of 6 months with the current employer.
4. Minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 60 or 65 years at the time of repayment depending on the lender. In other words, a 55 year old will qualify for a 5-year mortgage only with a lender who has a maximum age cap of 60 at the end of the loan. If you are 55, for example, and would like to secure a 20-year mortgage, we recommend applying with a younger, qualified spouse, child, immediate relative, etc, and have the younger applicant be the lead applicant.
5. Provide a credit report (You will likely be required to upload your credit report from any Nigerian Credit Bureau such as CRC, First Central, CreditRegistry during the loan application process on mortgagehub) or Authorise mortgagehub to retrieve your credit report.
6. Have a Bank Verification Number (BVN). You can register for a BVN at any bank branch in Nigeria.
Sure, please find the below list:
1. Letter of sale stating the amount of the property from the vendor / seller
2. Letter of acceptance of offer from the customer.
3. Original title document to the property for legal search and authentication.
4. Formal loan application letter indicating source of repayment, tenor, and equity
5. Evidence of income which may include Employment offer letter, Last 6 months pay slips, Last 24-month bank statement etc.
6. Payment for legal search on the property
7. Valuation report from a bank approved valuer (Addressed to our lending partner)
8. Your credit report (We accept CRC, First Central or CreditRegistrycredit reports alone, and we are able to help you get this.)
9. Physical inspection report
10. Pictures of the property with date and time taken. A relationship manager from our lending partner should be in the picture.
11. Property search report.
If you’re ready to get approved to buy a home, mortgagehub is able to understand exactly how much you can afford via its website. Because mortgagehub considers financial information in determining how much you can afford, we will give you more accurate numbers than a usual calculator would. To estimate what property value you can afford, feel free to use our affordability calculator.
Most of our banking partners, if not all, require a 20-30% down payment. You’ll also want to have between 2% and 8% of the purchase price for closing costs depending on whether we source the property or arrange for financing for you.
Yes! Once you’ve filled out your online application, one of our Mortgage Experts will give you a call so we can speed up your mortgage process.
mortgagehub recommends investment property loans you may be eligible for only, based on the information you provide. When you use mortgagehub to apply, you will see investment property lenders that are willing to provide services to you based on your application.
We work with select lenders and developers to structure a loan that enables you to build your very own property. However, the required down payment in such an arrangement may be as high as 40-50%. Select ‘construction mortgage’ when filing your application. Our banks do not lend to those seeking to buy land, they however, lend to those seeking to develop property on their land.
Yes! As long as you can afford the loan, on top of your existing debt, you can use mortgagehub to buy a second home or investment property.
Absolutely! We match your application with our lending partners and present you with all options in line with your profile. Our naira loans start from 13% depending on the lender you decide to work with.
Yes, most banks do not charge a prepayment fee.
Applying with mortgagehub is free! There’s no cost to see your mortgage recommendations or get approved. However, if you decide to move forward with your loan, there are costs involved – just like with any other online mortgage brokerage platform. You will be required to make an upfront application fee of N20,000 after you get a loan offer and you will like to move forward with a bank you have selected. This fee will be deducted from the commission you are to pay mortgagehub at the end of the transaction, however, the fees are non-refundable if you decide to walk away from the transaction.
The property value you can afford is dependent on your income and cash you have saved up. Please visit our affordability calculator.
mortgagehub gets you a loan of up to 80% of your property value: you pay a minimum of 20% down payment and the bank pays you 80% of the property value.
Yes! We currently offer up to 0.5% of the mortgage value as commission to referrers.